Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Metolius Inspires - Rob Gagnier, Beaverton

Dear Representatives [all],

I am a proud native Oregonian and have seen both the positive and negative impacts of the significant growth in our state. Sadly I have to admit that this is the first time I have ever sent a letter or email to my state representatives. However, I recently spent the Memorial weekend with some friends along the Metolius river and have seen first hand the beauty of this natural area. This visit has prompted me to write this brief email urging you to support SB 30 and protect the Metolius Basin from development.

I also enjoy visiting Sunriver, Black Butte and skiing at Mt. Bachelor. However, the Metolius river basin is not the place to exploit and commercially develop. We need to keep areas in Oregon as pristine as possible and protect them for future generations to enjoy.

I will keep this short and sweet – I am in strong support and urge you to help protect our natural wonders in Oregon.

Sincerely,
Rob Gagnier
Beaverton, OR

No comments: