Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Leave Precious Area Intact For Our Grandchildren - Carl Cavallo

To: Senator Westlund

I have been a teacher for over 40 years in high school and college environments. While my subject matter revolves around technology, I have always paired that with environmental conservation. What I am witnessing about the changes proposed in the Metolious Basin is frightening and counter to the principals of ecology and environmental conservation. I'm sick to think how this gem of an area has the potential to become destroyed because a few people want to make money. Can we not appreciate what we have? Can we not leave a precious area in tact for our grandchildren?

Please, do NOT COMPROMISE SENATE BILL 30! Please fight for the future of this and the surrounding area. Global warming is upon us, and we need to educate people NOW about the realities of our natural environments and the importance of them.

Carl Cavallo

No comments: