Saturday, May 12, 2007

Thank You - Joel Wilson, Hillsboro

Dear Senator Brown,
[copied to Senator Starr]

I urge you and your colleagues to support the original version of SB 30 that would protect the Metolius River Basin as the bill was originally intended. While I am not a property owner in the Metolius area, my family has visited Camp Sherman area almost every year for the past twenty-three years. The natural and preserved beautify of the Metolius is unsurpassed. When I heard about Jefferson County’s efforts for developing large resorts in this immaculate region, I became most alarmed. I don’t know how the Metolius can possibly retain its delicate ecosystem once developers are free to move in for the sake of the almighty dollar.

Please do what you can to preserve the Metolius River Basin so that it can remain one of Oregon’s most beautiful and unspoiled destinations that can be shared by all.

Sincerely,

Joel Wilson
Hillsboro, OR

No comments: