Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Look Forward To Tracking How You Vote - John Sterling, Bend

Dear Representative Burley,

I am writing to urge you to support Senate Bill 30 as it was passed out of the Senate. As you know, the Metolius River watershed is one of Oregon’s natural wonders, and we in Bend are lucky to have it so near. I grew up fishing the Metolius, and have always marveled that such a river could simply emerge from springs near the base of Black Butte. Over time, I have realized that, though the river itself is spectacular, it is the relatively pristine nature of the surrounding landscape that makes the Metolius truly special. To allow resort development within the watershed would undermine the Metolius’ natural beauty.

We now have two small children, and I look forward to sharing with them similar experiences on the Metolius that my parents offered me. Please support SB 30, and ensure that the Metolius remains a special wild landscape, free of resort developments that, frankly, Central Oregon does not need.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to tracking how you vote on this important issue.

Sincerely,
John Sterling
Bend, OR

No comments: