Friday, May 25, 2007

If You Love Oregon As Much As I Do... - Stan Shively, Philomath

Rep. Boquist --

I am a constituent, having lived in Wren for 40 years. This note concerns Senate Bill 30 and the Metolius River.

I am an avid fly-fisherman. I started fishing the Metolius River in 1970 and camp and fish there with my family 4-6 times a year. The Metolius area is gorgeous and we love it. It is one of the reasons why I love Oregon so much and have remained in the state all these years.

The Metolius basin is pristine. I am appalled by the plan to establish two massive destination resorts in the basin. Without a doubt construction of this magnitude would destroy the area.

I am asking you to help pass SB 30. If you love Oregon as much as I do, I know that you will want to protect the Metolius basin.

Thank you,

Stan Shively
Philomath, Or

No comments: