Saturday, May 12, 2007

Explosion of Resorts Threatens Quality of Life - Kay Walsh, Bend

Dear Senator Westlund,

I am writing to voice a strong opinion that no resorts be built near the Metolius River. I have been visiting that little bit of pristine paradise since the 60's and when I lived in the Midwest and my life was full of stress, I would close my eyes and walk the river path north from the camp Sherman bridge past the old cabins and up to the next bridge.

When I returned to Oregon and on all my visits in between I made sure to include that magic place. It was always quiet with few people and I could fly fish in peace.

When I moved to Bend in 2005 I found a great doctor who practices in Bend. He too told me one of his favorite places in all the world was the Metolious River.

The explosion of destination resorts since I arrived is threatening the quality of life that I moved here for.

Even thinking of putting thousands of people anywhere near that basin is beyond my comprehension and really wrong for all the future generations. It is truly one of the last best sacred places.
Please do every thing you can to preserve it.

Sincerely,

Kay Walsh
Bend, Oregon

No comments: