Thursday, April 19, 2007

Tranquility and Solitude - Ervin Siverson, Portland

Dear Senator Morse:

I thank you in advance for taking the time to read my letter. I am not a developer, a lobbyist, or a representative of a wildlife organization, I am simply a man who has had the pleasure of camping and fishing in one of the most beautiful spots on this planet, and that is the Metolius River. My name is Ervin Siverson, and I live in Portland, OR. My wife and I first started going to the Metolius after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. A friend implored us to go there, to heal amongst its pines and crystal-clear waters of the Metolius. I know its tranquility and solitude helped, and my wife has been cancer free for over 10 years. We have been going there ever since, we tent camp 20 weekend a year (in all weather) and I enjoy fly-fishing in its pristine waters. If the Metolius River Basin can be developed, then nothing is sacred. Please support Senate Bill 30 in its current form; because once it is gone, it is gone. I have taken the liberty of attaching a couple of pictures of this special place. A rumor floating around is that you like to attach a fly to the end of a tapered leader as well!

Thank you,
Ervin Siverson
Portland, OR

No comments: