Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Too Important To Compromise - Mike McAvoy, Portland

Dear Senator Westlund,

Thank you for this email response. I agree with you tremendously in that the Metolius river basin must be protected against development. I strongly encourage you to keep up the fight. I know too often in politics and in life there are compromises that need to be made. However, also in life there are things that must be fought for, things which are too important to compromise. The Metolius river is one of those things we cannot compromise. If this proposed development goes in along the Metolius river, this gem of our state will be destroyed. There is no co-existence of a natural wild and scenic river with a 10,000 acre development with 3700 homes, numerous golf courses, shops, paved roads, etc.

I urge you to keep up the fight for the Metolius. It is definitely something worth fighting for. I’ll write a letter to the editor of my local newspaper as well as the editor of the Bend Bulletin.

Sincerely,

Mike McAvoy
Portland, OR

No comments: