Friday, April 6, 2007

On Withdrawn Sponsorship - Joe Kuehn, Salem

Dear Representative Dallum,

I am retired military and a Republican. After attending the hearing and listening to all the testimony I am even more convinced of the necessity to pass SB 30 without compromise. This is my testimony which was not permitted because of time constraints.

• I've traveled on six continents to places as varied as a South America International Biosphere in Patagonia, New Zealand's Milford Track, and mountain wildernesses on remote Indian Ocean islands.
• These rare places are sanctuaries of nature protected from damaging human encroachment.
• The Metolius River Basin although more developed, is equally rare in ecological splendor.
• The location of the proposed destination resorts on the Basin's perimeter would in my opinion, do severe damage to the delicate Metolius environment.

I appreciate your position in withdrawing sponsorship of the bill. I admire your sensitive explanation and courage it took to reverse your position and realize how difficult it was for you. However, I sincerely regret your taking that step.

I hope you will continue to weigh both sides of this difficult issue and consider my comments as the vote approaches in the Legislature.

Sincerely,

Joseph W Kuehn Jr.
Salem, OR

No comments: