Monday, April 23, 2007

I Hope The Senate Will Do What Is Right - Nancy Graham, Portland

Dear Senator Walker,

Thank you for your support of Senate Bill 30.

Our family has had the privilege to being a forest cabin owner for 30 years. It has come to my attention that you have never been to the Metolius or Camp Sherman. A few years ago, our homeowner's association encouraged cabin owners to write cabin histories. I am attaching the history that I submitted for our cabin. Perhaps it will give you a sense of this amazing place and why the effects of large developments, would be so destructive. I'm also sending a very personal item that is on the bulletin board inside the Camp Sherman Store.

I know you will continue to encourage your fellow Committee on Education and General Government members to vote to get this bill to the floor. The Jefferson County Commission failed the people of Camp Sherman. I hope the State Senate will do what is right.

Nancy A. Graham
Portland

No comments: