Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Compelled To Write - Julia Clark, Eugene

[Sent to Rep. John Dallum, Senators Westlund, Walker, Kruse, Metsger, Morse, Kruse, Gov. Ted Kulongoski, and Mike Carrier:]

Hello,
My name is Julia Clark and I am writing in support of SB 30, which would prohibit destination resorts in the Metolius Basin. When I learned of this bill, I felt compelled to write and ask for your support in this matter.

My parents, Chapin and Dorothy Clark, owned a cabin on the Metolius River. What a beautiful, peaceful area it is! We spent so much time up at the cabin throughout the years and it would be an awful mark on the land to have resorts built on it.

Memories of hearing the wind blowing through ponderosa branches, listening to the rush of the river as I drifted off to sleep at night, savoring the multitude of wildflowers growing along the banks of the river and wading in the fresh cold water on a hot summer day are all fresh in my mind. I cannot picture resorts where we once enjoyed peaceful hikes; where often we saw few if any other hikers.

One of my father's passions was preserving and protecting rivers and waterways. He loved the Metolius Basin. Please, join me in supporting Senate Bill 30!

Respectfully yours,

Julia Clark
Eugene, OR

No comments: