Friday, March 30, 2007

Please Preserve This Beautiful Area - Annell Ferguson, Salem, OR

[Sent to Senators and Representatives Metsger, Avelgordly, Morse, Kruse, Walker, Dallum, (Rep) Dingenfelder and Westlund. Also Richardson:]

March 30, 2007

I am neither a land owner or a resident of the area in question. I HAVE BEEN a
visitor to the area. I have lived in Oregon for nearly 45 years and visited
much of our unique state. I have also been a member of the tourism community.
To even consider the kind of development proposed by Jefferson County is to me,
a travesty. We must work to maintain the beauty and serenity of the Metolius
River and the Metolius Basin. I have personally witnessed what can happen to
places of beauty when resorts and tourism are allowed to not enhance - but
destroy the very things that drew people to the area to begin with. PLEASE make
every effort to preserve the Metolius as it is.

Annell P. Ferguson

No comments: